I eat this often and adore it every time - the Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce is what makes it - so simple and yet MMMMMMMM
Cheese on Toast with Worcestershire Sauce
White Bread - sliced not too thickly
Mature Cheddar Cheese - sliced not too thickly
Bottle of Lee & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1. Toast your bread slices under a grill ON ONE SIDE ONLY. Remove them from the grill.
2. On the untoasted side, lay the slices of Cheddar cheese evenly over the bread, leaving very small gaps near the edges (it will run off if you put it right up to the edges).
3. Return the bread and cheese to the grill and toast until the cheese has melted and is beginning to turn brown in places (it will also be bubbling all over). Remove from the grill.
4. Straight away, sprinkle the Worcestershire Sauce over the slices. (It will run off in places but don't worry as the bread will soak some up from underneath).
5. Cut the slices into quarters and put on your serving plate.
6. Eat straight away as soon as possible. This is not as good once cold or even cool.