Welcome To Wild Cottage

Recipes, wild food, natural remedies, organic gardening, Irish music, eating and thoughts on life in general

Monday 4 January 2010

Frozen Tundra On Galway Clare Border

Feck !

It's 10.15am and it's still -6 celcius here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the west coast of Ireland - we have the North Atlantic Drift and the Gulf Stream... Where are they now ? !

Happily floating off the coast somewhere huh - NOT keeping me warm and snug for the winter...

I'm now off to boil the kettle about 20 times in order to carry bucket loads of water over to the donkeys in their field, as their water is frozen 6 inches thick and I can't break it. Their tap ran a bit yesterday afternoon - but the fresh water was frozen within an hour. Still, they got a good drink.

I think I might start advertising 'The Tundra Experience - A Retreat' holidays on the Burren...

No comments:

Post a Comment