Welcome To Wild Cottage

Recipes, wild food, natural remedies, organic gardening, Irish music, eating and thoughts on life in general

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Raspberry Lemonade

My great friend D was sorting through her collection of newspapers and newspaper cuttings, when I happened to visit yesterday.

She poured me my usual cup of peppermint tea, offered me some toast and we settled down for a few minutes gossip and chat.

I was browsing through the old newspapers on her table, and found a page that she had cut out for some reason. It was from the Galway Advertiser maybe, but I can't be sure. Anyway, it had a few recipes for Christmas drinks. It was dated October 29th ! Nothing like being prepared.

One of the recipes caught my eye and D promptly said that the cutting was now mine...

So here it is...

Raspberry Lemonade

3/4 cup fresh Raspberries (or defrosted frozen ones)
9 cups Water
2 cups freshly squeezed Lemon Juice (about 12 lemons)
2 cups Castor Sugar

1. Puree the raspberries in a blender - or with a hand blender.

2. Strain the pureed raspberry through a fine sieve, into a large jug. Throw what's left in the sieve into the compost bin.

3. Add all the other ingredients to the jug of raspberry puree.

4. Whisk them together until the sugar is dissolved completely.

You can serve this over crushed or whole ice if you like...

No comments:

Post a Comment