To kick off the delicious chocolate recipes for this special week, I have chosen one of my fav choc desserts mmmm.
This recipe makes enough for like 6 or 8 people, ish, yet I can easily adjust that to 1 person... and maybe stretch it over a 8 hour period...
And then feel very sick.
As despite my obsession with chocolate this week, I don't actually ever eat much of it, as even small amounts fill me fast ! How sad !
It works great with Cadbury's Bournville Chocolate (dark), but you can use any bitter, high cocoa content, high quality dark chocolate.
Anyway, here it is.
200g bar dark Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa or Cadbury's Bournville works great)
4 full size Cadbury's Flakes
1/2 pint double Cream
2 teaspoons dry instant Coffee (a good quality one such as Gold Blend etc)
4 Egg yolks
2 tablespoons Coffee Liqueur
1. Put the dark chocolate bar into a blender, broken into squares.
2. In a pan heat the double cream with the instant coffee until it starts to boil.
3. Pour the hot mix into the blender quickly, put on the lid and blend until the dark chocolate has melted, about 1 minute.
4. Then add the egg yolks and the coffee liqueur, and blend for another 30 seconds.
5. Pour the mix into a bowl and put in the fridge for an hour, maybe more, until it is thick and cold.
6. Take it out of the fridge and whisk it vigorously until it is fluffy, paler, thicker and light. This needs to be for at least 5 minutes, and that's with an electric whisk. Longer by hand.
7. Roughly crumble 2 of the flakes and gently stir them into the mixture.
8. Put the mixture into individual serving dishes or glasses and place them in the fridge, or a cool place, to set.
9. When you are about to serve them, decorate each one with half a crumbled flake.