Welcome To Wild Cottage

Recipes, wild food, natural remedies, organic gardening, Irish music, eating and thoughts on life in general

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Shopping Trip to the Kerry Mountains


This was the first real close up sight of Kerry's MacGillycuddy Reeks as we headed south towards Killarney.

They are called Na Cruacha Dubha in Irish, meaning The Black Stacks. However, today they were far from black. In fact they were all white and looked magnificent.

We had driven down as my mate John was buying a new toy. Once he had paid for it, he suggested I get behind the wheel (mad mad man) and I drove straight up into the mountains, out of Killarney.

Believe it or not, John had never been to Kerry before. So I got to be tour guide as I had previously lived down on the south west coast for a few years and am very familiar with the area.



We stopped for a coffee (I had hot chocolate as it was a tad chilly) at Lady's View. The above photo is the view from in front of the cafe and shop (the only thing up there apart from plants and rocks). It looks down over the lakes towards Killarney.



The whole place is just stunning...




Hmmm who said leprechauns weren't real ?










Last but not least - this stunning beauty was the reason for our trip.

It's a 2002 Land Rover Freelander 2 litre TDi...

And I want one !!!!!

I opened the savings account this morning :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment