Welcome To Wild Cottage

Recipes, wild food, natural remedies, organic gardening, Irish music, eating and thoughts on life in general

Friday 2 April 2010

My First Radishes of 2010



Well here they are at last - Today I pulled my first radishes of 2010, in fact my first summer salad veg of the season !

These were grown in well manured soil in the polytunnel, in between new rows of Cambridge strawberries (I'm after an early delicious crop).

The donkeys love the radish tops, so they are yet another part of the recycling process - they eat the radish tops, they create manure, it rots and dries, and then I use it a year or 2 later on the garden and raised beds...

Below is today's organic lunch (or was as I have eaten it all about 2 hours ago). I'm afraid only the radishes were from my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment