Carrot and Parsnip Soup
1 lb Carrots
1 lb Parsnips
4 Garlic Cloves
2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger
2 teaspoons ground Cumin
1.5 teaspoons ground Coriander
10 cups Chicken Stock (Vegetable stock if you are vegetarian)
4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Finely chop the onions.
2. Place them in a large saucepan with the olive oil. Fry for 3 minutes until they are soft.
3. Mince or very finely chop the garlic and the ginger.
4. Add the garlic and ginger to the saucepan. Cook for another 1 minute.
5. Add the carrots (chopped), parsnips (chopped), cumin, coriander,
salt and pepper.
6. Cook for another minute, stirring the ingredients well.
7. Add the stock to the saucepan. Bring the pan to a steady simmer and cook for about 30 minutes partially covered, or until the veg is soft.
8. Remove it from the heat and blend the soup with a hand blender or a bigger one.
9. Serve with a swirl of cream if you are feeling decadent !