This is especially for Irish to bake for her Bogman on a Sunday...
To make up for his deprivation over his dearly departed archaic PC parts, a little sugar and carbohydrate fix is in order. Hopefully Irish has all this in her kitchen !
Banana & Apricot Cake
3.5 ozs Butter (chilled and chopped in little pieces)
8 ozs Self Raising Flour
2 3/4 ozs Caster Sugar
2 ozs dried Apricots (chopped)
2 ozs Raisins
2 Bananas (roughly mashed)
2 tablespoons Honey
2 Eggs (beaten)
1. Rub the butter into the flour in a large bowl until it looks a bit like fine breadcrumbs.
2. Stir the sugar, chopped apricots, raisins, bananas, eggs and honey into the dry ingredients. Mix until it is nice and soft.
3. Spoon the mixture into a 2lb loaf tin, which has been greased with butter and is lined on the bottom with a piece of greaseproof paper.
4. Level off the top.
5. Bake in an oven heated to 160C / 325F / Gas Mark 3 for about 1 hour. A thin skewer should come out clean when poked into the middle of the cake.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool totally.
7. You can eat while still a bit warm, or otherwise sliced when cold. It will last a few days safely in an airtight container. IF you don't eat it all at once...
And Boogie - This is so simple that if she burns it you can make her dump all HER old and cherished computer toys...