Due to a special request by a parent desperate to placate ravenous sons, I am posting my recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. The only problem is that you need to cook a lot of them, as they don't last very long...
Peanut Butter Cookies
4.5 ozs (half a cup) salted Butter
5.5 ozs (half a cup) crunchy Peanut Butter (very important you use the original American kind)
8 ozs (1 cup) white Sugar
1 egg - beaten
5.5 ozs (1.25 cups) plain white Flour (all purpose)
Half teaspoon Baking Powder (baking soda works too)
Pinch of Salt
1. Line baking trays with greaseproof paper, or alternately grease the trays if they are reasonably non stick.
2. Mix and beat together the butter and the peanut butter.
3. Bit by bit add the sugar and then beat it in well.
4. Add the beaten egg a little bit at a time. Mix it in well.
5. Add the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and mix well until blended completely.
6. Wrap the resulting dough and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
7. Make about 20 balls from the dough and place them on the baking trays, well apart as they will spread ! Flatten each one a small bit with the back of a fork.
8. Cook in an oven which is already at 190C, 375F or Gas Mark 5. Cook for 15 minutes.
9. Leave to cool for a bit (10 to 20 minutes) before transferring to a wire rack to cool. If you move them straight away they are still soft and will break up.