Today was exhausting, and I got nothing done apart from some proof reading and a bit of shopping (more cat food).
There are times when I realise I really can't do as much as I used to... and how I wish it was old age.
Today is one of those days.
I did manage to squeeze in a visit to the Ballyvaughan Farmer's Market as usual, and bought some delicious free range hand reared pork chops and sausages. Such a rarity and what taste ! The lady who rears and sells them is as delightful as her product.
OK now to the plums. This is simply divine and so incredibly simple.
Baked Plums with Mascarpone
6 fresh ripe Plums
Extra virgin Olive Oil
Almond slices to decorate
1. Cut the plums in half and carefully take out the stones.
2. Drizzle olive oil on the base of a baking dish (pie dish, pyrex shallow baking dish or similar).
3. Lay the plum halves on the baking dish, cut side facing upwards.
4. Drizzle a bit more olive oil on the plums.
5. Bake in a medium oven until the plums are gooey (soft and squiggy). Remove from the oven.
6. Generously dollop a large spoonful of the mascarpone onto each plum whilst still warm.
7. Trim each one with 3 almond bits of sliced almonds.
Eat !!! I think these are best whilst still warm.