Welcome To Wild Cottage

Recipes, wild food, natural remedies, organic gardening, Irish music, eating and thoughts on life in general

Monday 12 April 2010

First Spring Colour in the Garden


These are a few strawberries and radishes that I grow in the tunnel - means I get to eat them earlier !

You can see a small row of early carrots too hidden in between if you look carefully...

Later on this bed will be full of cucumbers, basil, coriander and tomatoes mmmmmmm

These are 8 Patty Pan (scallop) yellow squash plants - this photo was taken about a week ago or more - now they are bigger and potted up into larger pots. When the frosts are gone I will plant a few outside and a few in the tunnel (I cover all bases).

1 comment:

  1. Awww! They are purple and violet!
    And yes, I know, there are other colours as well ;)

    To you, lucky girl with a garden,
    kiss+kiss

    ReplyDelete