Welcome To Wild Cottage

Recipes, wild food, natural remedies, organic gardening, Irish music, eating and thoughts on life in general

Friday 22 January 2010

Redesigning the Polytunnel

I am always keen to recycle anything and everything.

I'm a hoarder.

I collect extremely useful stuff - friends call it junk...

But you see, you never know when you might need something and it would really stick in my gullet to have to pay for something I knew that I had thrown out 3 years before...

I'd be sick and very pissy !

So, when friends need 'something', albeit a screw of a certain size or a piece of wood, or a plant pot - they know where to come.

Needless to say I have barns, stables and bedrooms full of incredibly useful 'stuff'.

My friend John is building these permanent raised beds in my polytunnel, so that I don't have to fill endless pots of compost every spring for my tomatoes, basil and cucumbers etc.

I can't wait, it's going to be wonderful.

Especially as he is building them totally from the useful junk I have been collecting over the last goodness knows how many years.

I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment