Welcome To Wild Cottage

Recipes, wild food, natural remedies, organic gardening, Irish music, eating and thoughts on life in general

Saturday 21 November 2009

Irish Atlantic Salmon with Baby Pasta, Tomato Pesto & Mascarpone


Hi again - I just wanted to share something that I whipped together quickly to take to this evening's party. It's easy to make, although I just threw the stuff in - so adjust the quantities to your taste !

Irish Salmon Darns with Baby Pasta, Tomato Pesto & Mascarpone

4 Salmon Darns (fresh, boneless & skinless strips)
Baby pasta (this is very miniature short tubes)
1 cup or mug Tomato Pesto
2 heaped tablespoons Mascarpone (triple cream cheese made from creme fraiche which is denatured with the whey removed)
Freshly ground Pepper
Sea Salt

1. Poach, steam or bake (covered) the salmon. Put to one side.

2. Cook the pasta as per the packet. When cooked, drain it and rinse under a cold tap to get rid of the starchy residue.

3. Flake the salmon into a bowl.

4. Add the salt, pepper, pasta, tomato pesto and mascarpone. Mix gently but well until evenly distributed.

5. Taste (best bit) and add more salt and pepper to taste.

Serve cold as a buffet / side dish, alternatively you can serve it hot as a main meal.

If you don't have baby pasta, normal will do. But be very careful not to swamp the heavenly salmon, pesto and mascarpone with the big lumps of pasta.

2 comments:

  1. It would be nice to try the tomato pesto (I always use the green one) and I have only used mascarpone for desserts...
    I'll try my version -without the fish part-, and will let you know whether, what I cooked was edible or I'm writing from the hospital :p

    Kiss-kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya Sophii

    this looks very tasty indeed. I must try this some weekend, it is really mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete